Computer Lab Activities
Going Bug-gy! Facts and Fun About Insects and Bugs
Fun activities that introduce your students to the world of insects and bugs.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
"Going Bug-gy!" — an overview of insects and bugs — offers young students (grades K–4) the opportunity to cover basic science concepts and skills, such as classification, observation, and responses to habitat.
- Minibeasts takes students on a bug hunt outdoors to practice their observation and classifying skills. (grades 2–4)
- Student can Build a Caterpillar (grades 3–6) online and print their creations.
- In Talk Bugs With the Frizz, kids can read an interview with bug expert Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus, and read questions and answers about bug.
- All About Bugs offers students additional reading material on the insect world.
While participating in "Going Bug-gy!," students become proficient with several standards-based skills. Students will:
- Ask questions about bugs, their behavior, and their habitats
- Observe and record information about bugs
- Classify bugs by identifying major structures common to them
- Understand how living things interact with or cause changes to their environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of bugs with a written or drawn response