Activities and Games
Dirtmeister's Science Lab
With the help of the “Dirtmeister,” biologist Steve Tomecek, students can participate in a number of fun, eye-opening science experiments.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
With "Dirtmeister's Science Lab," students get hands-on with help from biologist Steve Tomecek (a.k.a. the “Dirtmeister”). Tomecek makes science fun and exciting to kids, covering the subjects of physical science, earth science, and life science.
Choose from these 15 labs:
- Changes in Matter: How Can You Force a Physical Change in Matter?
- Circuits: How Can You Make a Flashlight Shine Brighter?
- Simple Machines/Levers: How Can You Lift Four Times Your Weight?
- Friction: Roll With The Changes
- Simple Physics/Sound: Good Vibrations
- Shadows and Light: The Shadow Knows
- Static Electricity: Hair Raising Science
- Chemistry/Acids and Bases: Egg-Citing Science
- Erosion: How Does Rain Shape the Earth?
- Air and Temperature: The Air Is There
- Water Temperature and Density: That Sinking Feeling
- Cloud Formation/Condensation: Weather or Not
- Seasons: Let the Sun Shine In
- Ecosystems: How Does Acid Rain Affect an Ecosystem?
- Water Movement in Plants: Spring Is Sprung