Activities and Games
Daily Life: A First Thanksgiving Activity
Students may use these side-by-side slideshows to compare and contrast the daily lives of pilgrims and the Wampanoags, a local Native American tribe.
- Grades: 3–5, 6–8
As part of Scholastic’s “The First Thanksgiving” project, "Daily Life” presents students with multimedia presentation on the daily life of Pilgrims and members of the local Wampanoag tribe.
Students may use this resource to compare and contrast the two cultures by studying many different aspects of daily life. They include:
- Use technology tools to access, explore, and synthesize information on the Mayflower, Pilgrims, Plymouth colony, Wampanoags, and the first Thanksgiving
- Develop an understanding of the Pilgrims' motives in establishing a settlement in the New World
- Develop an understanding of the colonial and Wampanoag cultures of the early 1600s
- Compare and contrast lifestyles of the Pilgrims and Wampanoags
- Reflect on what has been learned after reading by formulating ideas, opinions, and personal responses