Computer Lab Activities
Creepy Crawlies: A Math Hunt Activity
Roaches! Beetles! Bloodsucking leeches! Students conduct online research and crunch the numbers to solve math-related questions about bugs and insects.
- Grades: 3–5, 6–8
In addition to challenging students’ reading comprehension skills, “Creepy Crawlies” tests these “math hunting” skills:
- Algebraic Expressions: Order of Operations
- Converting Units of Measurement
How many times its length can a flea jump?
By participating in Math Hunt, students will:
- Practice problem-solving skills from the grade 5-8 math curriculum
- Explore topics from the grades 5-8 science and social studies curriculum
- Learn basic Internet research skills
- Develop an understanding of the construction of standardized test questions and multiple-choice answers