Teaching With Books
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday. In Spanish, Cinco de Mayo means "fifth of May." Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican history. The holiday is celebrated in Mexico and the United States.
May 5 is Teacher Appreciation Day. Teachers work hard every day to help students learn. Today is a day to celebrate their dedication. Make sure to thank your teachers today and every day of the school year!
Correct the sentences below. Check capitalization, proper nouns, punctuation, and homophones.
1. this is the first weak of may.
2. how do you show you're teacher you appreciate him or her.
3. many kids will bring they're teacher a apple?
[Hint: There are 10 errors in all.]
A pound of apples is about three medium size apples. A peck of apples is about 11 pounds. A bushel of apples is about 44 pounds.
1. About how many medium apples are there in a peck?
2. About how many medium apples are there in a bushel?
3. How many teachers are there in your school? How many pounds of apples would it take to give each teacher an apple today?