FAQs About Interactive PDFs
- When I click the link to download an interactive pdf, the file opens automatically—but it looks like gobbledygook!
If you have a Mac and you have not downloaded the application Adobe Reader, the pdf may automatically open in Preview, which does not support interactivity. Download Adobe Reader here. It’s free!
- Students are using the e-mail field to send their worksheets to me, but I’m not getting anything.
The e-mail field works with a computer’s default e-mail program, such as Entourage. If your student is using Web-based mail like gmail, yahoo, aol, or hotmail, he or she will not be able to use the e-mail function. Instead, have students save a copy of their worksheet to their desktop and e-mail it to you as an attachment.
- If a student wants to start a quiz over, how do you reset the worksheet?
Click the “Start Over” button at the bottom of the page.
- I prefer to print and hand out these worksheets, rather than have students complete them on-screen. Do you have a noninteractive version of your quizzes?
Yes, we do! Next to each interactive-pdf link, you’ll find a second link to download a printable version.
- The type on the quiz is too small to read. How do I make it bigger?
Go to the View menu and click “Reading Mode” to make it a little bigger, or “Full Screen Mode” to make it a lot bigger.
- My students want to save their work, but the “Save” option in the File menu isn’t available.
To save their work, students must use “Save As” in the File menu, or they may simply click the “Save As” button at the bottom of the worksheet.
- I can't get the interactive pdfs to work on my Google Chromebook. Are Scope interactive pdfs compatible with Chromebooks?
Yes! In order to open and complete our interactive pdfs, disable the built-in pdf viewer by entering “chrome: plugins” into the address bar. Then click “Disable” underneath “Chrome PDF Viewer.” Once the default viewer is disabled, Chrome OS should automatically open pdfs using Adobe Reader.
Did we answer your question? If not—or if you have any comments about our interactive pdfs—please feel free to contact us! E-mail Editor Kristin Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.