A Note from Kristin
Thank You for a Wonderful Year
Looking back and looking ahead
The school year is drawing to a close (can you believe it?!), and I want to express my thanks to each and every one of you for a wonderful year of Scope. Many of you have gotten in touch with me over the past months with your feedback, ideas, and suggestions. I treasure these conversations because they help our team make Scope better.
Our team is already hard at work cooking up great content for next year. We will be providing more details over the next weeks and months, but here are a few sneak previews:
• Amazing Nonfiction Packages: Disasters, adventures, journeys, and fascinating people will inspire and intrigue. Our goal is simple: to dazzle your students while building key ELA skills.
• An Index of the Archive: We know many of you keep your issues to reuse from one year to the next. Soon you’ll have an index to help you keep track of the content.
• More Differentiation: We will be providing even more ways for your students to access our complex texts, including more audio versions of articles and differentiated versions of activities.
• A Cool New Approach to Grammar: We will be modeling key grammar concepts in our stories and following up with great activities online. And keep an eye out for our adorable new grammar videos!
• Fresh Activities to Support the Common Core: New webquests, research activities, and small-group work designed to build big-thinking skills.
As we plan for the coming year, please send us your ideas and comments. You’ll also be getting a survey in early May. I hope you will be brutally honest. Your feedback will help us make Scope better.
For questions about your subscription, call: 1-800-Scholastic (1-800-724-6527)