THE REAL MAGIC OF HARRY POTTER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Who Can Enter the Sweepstakes. This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States ages 7-14. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Scholastic Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes. To enter the sweepstakes go to www.scholastic.com/harrypotter and complete the online entry form to be entered into The Real Magic of Harry Potter Sweepstakes. No other means of entry accepted.
- Sweepstakes Period. The sweepstakes begins on March 1, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. EST . All entries must be registered online by June 1, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be notified on or about June 10, 2010.
- PRIZE: There will be four (4) Prizes (“Prizes”) awarded. Prize winners (“Winners”) will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guest(s)”) to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quad occupancy, room and tax only) at an on-site hotel (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion); ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; and 3-Day/2-Park Tickets for both Universal Orlando Theme Parks for Winner and up to three (3) Guests. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is three thousand one hundred and twenty-nine dollars and sixty cents ($3129.60). If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than thee (3) guests, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. AT LEAST ONE OF THE ACOMPANYING GUESTS MUST BE THE WINNER’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed within one (1) year of notification or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsor approval. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All entrants and their guests, as a condition of entry, agree to release Scholastic Inc., and each prize provider in this Sweepstakes, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers and agencies, from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
- All matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be subject to Scholastic’s sole discretion and Scholastic’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and winners and their guests. Each winner, and his/her guests, will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, each winner and their guest grants to Scholastic the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. One or more winners may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Scholastic and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Scholastic’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, each winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. Scholastic shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to choose the winners it wishes to participate in such Media Events. By accepting the prize, all winners, whether or not chosen to participate in such Media Events, agree to release Scholastic Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and agencies, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their selection, non-selection, participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
- The names of the prize winners (available after June 10, 2010), will be listed on the Scholastic website at www.scholastic.com/harrypotter. You may also obtain a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Harry Potter Sweepstakes by July 30, 2010.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
Prize Provider: Universal Orlando Resort, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10112