SPONSOR: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, New York 10012
ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia ages 15 and under, except employees of Sponsor, and its affiliates and their respective advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, their immediate families and those living in their households (collectively, "Related Entities"). Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter, you must log on to www.scholastic.com/summer between May 8, 2017, 9:00 a.m. EDT and September 8, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EDT, , and fill out the sweepstakes form. Partially completed forms will not be accepted. YOU MAY ONLY ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES ONLINE, NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of the entry form will be accepted. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. None of Sponsor or the Related Entities shall be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages or entries; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes. Proof of online submission of your entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
GRAND PRIZE: On or about Friday, September 15, 2017, ten (10) potential winners will be selected at random. The winners will each receive two of the following prizes at random: (1) Klutz: Make Your Mini Erasers (Approximate Retail Value: $21.99), (1) Klutz: Harry Potter™ Paper Flyers (Approximate Retail Value: $19.99), (1) Klutz: String Art (Approximate Retail Value: $19.99), (1) Klutz: Neon Chalk Lettering (Approximate Retail Value: $18.99). Prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in event of prize unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. After Sponsor’s reasonable attempt to award prizes, unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes deadline. Many people may enter, but only ten (10) people can win.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: If the administration or integrity of the Summer Reading Challenge Sweepstakes is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Summer Reading Challenge Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that the decisions of Sponsor related to this Summer Reading Challenge Sweepstakes are final. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold Sponsor and the Related Entities harmless from and against any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability/right of publicity release ("Affidavit"), which may require winner to furnish his/her social security number; failure to do so within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such Affidavit will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner's consent to the use of his/her biographical information and likeness (as further detailed in the Affidavit) for any lawful purpose (including for promotional purposes) in any media, including without limitation online, in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation. By entering the Summer Reading Challenge Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Summer Reading Challenge Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of New York and any and all claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in New York County, New York.
WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners (available after October 15, 2017) send a self-addressed stamped envelope no later than November 30, 2017 to:
Summer Reading Challenge Sweepstakes Winners List
Attn: Corporate Communications
New York, NY 10012
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. One (1) school in each of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and in each of the U.S. territories Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands with the most minutes logged in the 2017 Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge between 12:01 a.m. EST May 8, 2017, and 11:59 p.m. EST September 8, 2017, will be honored with a “party-in-a-box,” a kit consisting of a personalized plaque, banner, students certificates and other items that can be used at a school-wide celebration (ARV: $184.00) and recognition in the Scholastic book Best and Buzzworthy 2018: World Records, Trending Topics and Viral Moments. In addition, the top five libraries and top five community partner organizations in the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territories listed above with the most minutes read will each get a “party-in-a-box”.
2. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. In the event of a tie, the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge team will reach out to the individual schools to confirm reading minutes, and, once verified, will name each tied school as a winner for their state. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Prize is non-transferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No prize substitution except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. If the winner does not meet eligibility criteria or cannot be reached, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. After Sponsor's attempt to award the prize 3 times, Sponsor may decide that any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Winner will be notified by phone and email using the contact information provided to Sponsor. Sponsor may require winners to execute a release and affidavit of eligibility, to be returned within 7 business days from site close on Friday, September 8, 2017, prior to awarding prizes.
4. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (a) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including but not limited to death, injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with this Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity, or accepting, possessing, using or misusing any prize, (b) lost, misdirected, damaged, stolen, illegible, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, delayed or late entries, emails or mail; (c) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures or errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise of any kind; or (d) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry or otherwise in the administration of this Contest, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest. Proof of online submission of the entry does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. Votes obtained by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void and all associated entrants may be disqualified. If the administration or integrity of the Contest is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest and, if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above.
6. WINNERS LIST. A list of Contest winners will be available after the completion of the Contest on scholastic.com/summer beginning Wednesday, September 27, 2017 until the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge website closes on Tuesday, October 31, 2017. For a list of winners, please write to: Scholastic Inc., Attn: Corporate Communications, 557 Broadway, New York, New York, 10012.
7. SPONSOR: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, tel. 1-(800) SCHOLASTIC. For questions or concerns regarding this promotion or the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: Dav Pilkey Summer Reading Educator Contest” (“Contest”) is open to teachers, librarians or administrators in U.S. schools who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, five (5) U.S. Territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands), and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 15, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 14, 2017. (“Contest Period”).
TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, to enter, visit the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge Dav Pilkey Summer Reading Educator Contest homepage (http://www.scholastic.com/summer/contest/teacher/). To enter, teachers, librarians or administrators must fill out all the required questions on the contest application and answer the following question: “Tell us about your school and the need for new books to help your students keep reading over the summer” (in 500 characters or less).
Limit of one (1) unique entry per person/email address for the entire Contest. Entries received in excess of the stated limitations will be void. Any attempt to use multiple names or email accounts or other tactics to enter more than the stated limits may result in the disqualification by Sponsor from the Contest and all associated entries will be void. Entries generated by mechanical, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
DRAWING: Up to fifty-six (56) potential winners will be selected on or about April 21, 2017 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified via email and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within three (3) business days of date of notice. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected.
PRIZE: Up to fifty-six (56) winners (one school in each U.S. State, U.S. Territory – American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands – and the District of Columbia) will receive a book pack of 500 assorted, age-appropriate book titles for either elementary school students (grades Kindergarten – 5th grade) or middle school students (6th – 8th grade) and 500 bookmarks. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $6,960. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
PUBLICITY GRANT: Winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, school name, school address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner and with any materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
RELEASE: Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties (as defined above) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries, posts; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
WINNER'S NAME: For the name of the winners (available after April 21, 2017), send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 31, 2017 to: Scholastic Inc., Attn: Corporate Communications, 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
SPONSOR: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.