CLASSROOM PET SHOW + TELL CONTEST & PLATINUM SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. To enter the Classroom Pet Show + Tell Contest (“Contest”), visit scholastic.com/petshowandtell and 1.) submit a photo of your Classroom Pet and describe what makes the pet such a special member of the class or 2.) if you don’t have a Classroom Pet, describe why your students will benefit from having a Classroom Pet. You must provide your name, school name, school address, classroom grade level, email address, and phone number to be entered in the Contest. Scholastic and/or PetSmart reserve the right to disqualify any entry they deem to be offensive, inappropriate, or not in keeping with their images, in their sole discretion, including, but not limited to any image of a Classroom Pet being cared for in less than ideal circumstances or where the Classroom Pet appears to be in any distress.
All Contest entrants will automatically be entered in the Classroom Pet Show + Tell Platinum Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Alternate means of Sweepstakes entry: mail a 3x5 card with your name, school name, school address, classroom grade level, email address, and phone number to Classroom Pet Show + Tell Sweepstakes, c/o Scholastic Inc., P.O. Box 711, New York, NY 10013.
The Contest and Sweepstakes are collectively, the “Promotion.”
The Promotion begins August 5, 2013, 12:01 a.m. EST and all entries must be received by October 15, 2013, 11:59 p.m. EST. Only one entry per classroom. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and Puerto Rico, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who are teachers at a public, accredited private or home school in compliance with the laws of its state of residence and who teach in any grades Pre-K through 8. Void in Canada, the U.S. territories and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. CONTEST PRIZE WINNERS. Five (5) Contest Grand Prize Winners (the “Contest Grand Prize Winners”) will be selected by Scholastic based on what does or would make their pet such a special member of the class among all eligible entries on or about November 1, 2013 and notified by phone or e-mail on or about November 8, 2013. Each Contest Grand Prize Winner will receive a classroom pet of their choice (one of a Hamster, Guinea Pig, Fancy Rat, Snake, Bearded Dragon, Leopard Gecko, Parakeet or Fish from PetSmart) and pet care supplies for a year (Approximate retail value: $200), and a classroom library of fifty (50) Scholastic books about animals and pets ($300) (Approximate retail value for all of the all prizes: $2,500). Care and maintenance of pets and related accessories are the responsibility of the Contest Grand Prize Winners.
4. JUDGING. The potential Contest Grand Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received by a panel of qualified judges based equally on adherence to the theme and quality of the submission. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. Scholastic reserves the right to not award any/all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of qualified and eligible entries.
5. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE WINNER. One (1) Platinum Prize Winner (the “Platinum Prize Winner”) will be randomly selected by Scholastic from among all eligible entries on or about November 1, 2013 and notified by phone or e-mail on or about November 8, 2013. The Platinum Prize Winner will receive a Marineland® 60 Gallon Heartland Aquarium Ensemble (ARV $599.99) for their entire classroom provided by PetSmart and installed by a PetSmart representative, a variety of tropical fish (ARV $100), filter (ARV $200), Plants/accessories/substrate (ARV $75), food/water care (ARV $30), and cleaning supplies (ARV $75) (Approximate retail value for all of the Platinum Prize: $1,079.99). Care and maintenance of aquarium and fish are the responsibility of the Platinum Prize Winner.
6. USE OF ENTRY. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant agrees Scholastic shall own the entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law.
7. GENERAL. By entering, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, PetSmart, Inc. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Promotion or acceptance or use of any prizes. The entrant represents and warrants that they have all rights in the entry to be able to grant to Scholastic the rights set forth herein. Each winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. Subject to all applicable laws. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each entrant grants to Scholastic and its designees the right to use his/her/its name, school name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for any purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except by Scholastic in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes on the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
The Released Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prizes, the processing or judging of entries, or any Promotion-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other persons’ computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion.
If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion) any portion of the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the entire Promotion or any component thereof.
6. WINNERS LIST. The names of the winners will be available on approximately January 15, 2014. You may request these names by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 15, 2014 to: Classroom Pet Show + Tell Contest Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY, NY 10013.
Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10013. PetSmart, Inc. is not a sponsor.
For any questions or concerns regarding this Contest, please contact P&Cconnects@scholastic.com