Charming Crafts for Pets
Everyone's invited to enjoy — including your furry and feathered friends.
Photos: Kate Mathis \ Illustrations: Alli Arnold
For Toddler: Catch It, Kitty! Play Toy
Dangle this “fishing” line in front of your frisky feline.
- old wooden cooking spoon
- yarn, felt, and mini pom-poms
- feathers and mini jingle bells
- tacky glue
- fish template (optional; find ours here)
- Cut six fish shapes out of the felt. Then cut a 2' length of yarn.
- Glue the fish to the string in pairs, like a sandwich, with glue and string in the middle. Glue pom-pom eyes, feathers, and bells onto the fish, and allow all to dry.
- Wind the end of the yarn twice around the spoon handle and glue in place. Allow to dry.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5