5 Television Guidelines for Preschoolers
Follow these rules to keep TV from ruling your household.
- Limit television and video viewing to one hour a day for children over age 2.
- Plan to watch specific programs designed for your child's age; don't surf randomly.
- Keep televisions out of children's bedrooms.
- Talk to children about show themes, and give them an opportunity to ask questions and comment.
- While watching, point out positive examples of behavior; ethnic and cultural traditions; and people performing outside of stereotypical roles.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-4
Find Just-Right Books