Take a closer look at fall leaves.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- Leaves from different trees
- A book
What to do:
- Touch the leaves. How do they feel? How are they alike? How are they different?
- Try putting a leaf in a bowl of water. Does it float or sink?
- Glue leaves on paper to make a fall collage.
- Press leaves between the pages of a book. What happens after a week?
- Make a leaf rubbing. Put a piece of paper on top of the leaf. Make sure the veins are facing up. Peel the paper off of a crayon, and rub on top of the paper. Can you see the veins?