Make this messy mixture for your own science experiments.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- white glue
- liquid starch
- plastic bag with zipper top
- measuring spoons
What to do:
- Spread newspaper on a table — this could get messy!
- With your child, measure one tablespoon of glue and pour it into the bag.
- Add one tablespoon of starch to the glue. Zip the bag closed.
- Press and squeeze the mixture inside the bag to mix the starch and glue.
- Open the baggie and test the slime. If it feels too sticky, add in a little more starch.
- Try this experiment to investigate the effects of heat and cold on the mixture.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7