What you need:
- Silly Slime
- stopwatch or watch with second hand
- refrigerator (and two magnets)
- pen or pencil and paper
What to do:
1. Clean off your refrigerator door, except for two magnets. Place one magnet 10 inches above the other. The top magnet will be the Start line and the bottom one will be the Finish.
2. Place a ball of Silly Slime (about 1.5 inches in diameter) at the Start line. Release and begin the stopwatch (or start timing with the second hand of a watch).
3. As soon as the slime begins to ooze across the Finish line, stop the watch and record the time.
4. Next, place the slime in the freezer for one hour. Then "race" the cold slime from start to finish.
5. Finally, have your child use his hands to warm the slime, then race again. Measure the time it takes for the warm slime to travel from start to finish.
6. Did warm or cold slime ooze faster? Can your child think of other ways to change the slime to make it travel even faster (or slower)?
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10