Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Understanding Circuits and Electricity:
- Allow your child some safe, virtual hands-on experiences learning about circuits and how they work with this interactive series of animations and activities.
- Follow this up with some hands-on learning creating circuits and exploring electricity with potatoes! Check out these fun directions.
- There is a wonderful online series to safely using homemade conductive and insulating playdough to create squishy circuits.
- There are a number of commercial resources for making your additional circuits, such as Snap Circuits, Toysmith Green Science, or Eco Science.
BBC has a number of fun interactive sites about using electricity and circuits as well. No mess, no supplies to get, and no safety concerns!:
- Using Electricity
- Circuits & Conductors
- Changing Circuits
- Annie’s Circuit Builder
- An open space to play around with circuits
- Produced by BC Hydro in Canada, Hydro to Home is an interactive story of hydro-electric power from raindrops to homes, helping children see the process of getting electricity from reservoirs to houses.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books