Dear America Mother-Daughter Book Club
What to do:
1. Go to the home page of the Dear America Mother-Daughter Book Club, located in the Kids Fun Online area of Scholastic.com.
2. You'll find all the information you need to start a book club with your daughter(s) — the logistics of inviting members and sending out meeting reminders, benefits of starting a club, discussion guides for specific books.
3. As preparation for a discussion, the members of your club should investigate the time period covered by the novel you have chosen. You can use the Internet, the library, or both to do your research. How does the diary you are reading reflect the time period? Would someone else in that time have seen events differently?
4. As your club continues, consider branching out from historical fiction into other genres, such as biography, fiction (current), or fairy tales.
• reading the genre of historical fiction
• exploring different time periods in American history
• learning about journal writing
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10