After baking, coat these melt-in-your-mouth morsels with a shower of confectioners sugar so they're pure white.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional confectioners sugar for the cookies
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the sugar, vanilla extract and butter together for 2 or 3 minutes, until it is light and fluffy. Measure the flour into a sifter. Sift it into the butter mixture in 3 parts, beating well after each addition.
- Pat the dough into a rectangle. Cut into 20 squares. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and onto a wire rack, using a spatula.
- Place the confectioners sugar on a shallow dinner plate. Coat the warm cookies with plenty of the sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Photo Credit: sky_dream/Shutterstock
Find Just-Right Books