Materials you will need:
- Red, orange, yellow, and green strips of tissue paper
- Leaf templates (download here)
- Wax paper
- School glue
- Small paintbrush
- 6 pieces of black cardstock or construction paper
How to create this craft:
1. Cut or tear red, orange, yellow, and green tissue paper into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Layer two sheets of black paper together and clip together. Use a leaf template to cut out shape. Starting from the middle of the leaf, cut in toward the edge, leaving about a ½-inch border all around. Repeat with remaining templates.
3. Cut squares of wax paper slightly larger than the size of each leaf. One at a time, flatten each piece of wax paper, pour a teaspoon or so of glue in the center, and spread glue over entire sheet with paintbrush.
4. Place the tissue paper strips onto the glue. Attach one of the leaf shapes onto the wax paper, adding more glue to the edge as necessary.
5. When dry, trim away excess wax paper so none extends beyond the black border. Flip over and glue second leaf shape on top, being sure to align it carefully. Once dry, tape to window or door.
More Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids:
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-10