Price for 4: $12.01
- 1 8-oz zucchini, cut in ½" rounds
- 1 ½ cup baby carrots
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, cut in ½" wedges
- 3 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 ½ lbs beef chuck, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Egg noodles
1. Combine zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, and onion in slow cooker.
2. Combine the flour, salt, oregano, and sage in a bowl; add the beef and toss thoroughly to coat. Add to the slow cooker; pour in the broth, cover, and cook on low 8 to 10 hours without removing the lid.
3. Combine 2 Tbsp of liquid from the pot with the cornstarch; stir back into the pot and turn the slow cooker to high. Cover and cook 20 minutes, until the stew is thickened. Serve over egg noodles.
More Cheap Dinner Recipes
Salmon Burgers with Lemon Sauce
Cheesy Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Skillet
Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes
Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
Shopping List: Hit the store once, eat all week!