Tasty & Cheap Dinner Recipe: Salmon Burgers with Lemon Sauce
Price for 4: $10.08
- 3 large eggs
- 15 oz canned salmon, drained
- ¼ cup finely minced red onion
- ½ cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 4 hamburger buns
1. Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Add salmon and mash with a fork. Stir in onion, bread crumbs, ½ tsp mustard, salt, and pepper until combined. Form into eight burgers, each about 2 ½" in diameter and about ¾" thick.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add patties; cook until underside is golden, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned, another 3 minutes.
3. Make dressing: Whisk mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp water, ½ tsp mustard, lemon juice, and 2 Tbsp olive oil in a bowl.
4. Toss half the dressing with the greens and place on four plates. Place burgers in buns and top with the remaining sauce.
More Cheap Dinner Recipes
Cheesy Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Skillet
Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes
Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Shopping List: Hit the store once, eat all week!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13