Price for 4: $6.40
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 ½ cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep, ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic, onion, curry powder, and cumin. Cook mixture, stirring, 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are somewhat softened. Add the peas and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 4 more minutes.
3. Add the rice, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the salt and sour cream; cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes.
More Cheap Dinner Recipes
Salmon Burgers with Lemon Sauce
Cheesy Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Skillet
Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Shopping List: Hit the store once, eat all week!