Serves 4 | Total time: 45 min
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 lb bone-in chicken thighs
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 apples, cut in ½" chunks
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a shallow baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine three cloves garlic with rosemary.
3. Spread rosemary-garlic mixture under the skin of each thigh; season with salt and pepper.
4. Whisk together honey and vinegar until smooth.
5. Mix three cloves garlic with apples and spread on bottom of pan; top with chicken, leaving room between each thigh.
6. Place in the center of the oven and roast 15 minutes; remove from oven and brush chicken with honey mixture. Return to oven and cook until a meat thermometer reads 165°F, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a platter.
7. Use a large fork to coarsely mash apples; serve alongside chicken.
Side dish: While the chicken roasts, whip up some sauteed spinach with onion and olive oil.
Next Day's Lunch: Chicken Cheddar Wraps
- You’ll need: lettuce, whole-wheat tortillas, shredded carrots, sliced chicken, reduced-fat Cheddar
- To make: Place lettuce on tortilla. Top with shredded carrots, chicken, and cheese. Roll tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.