Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Serves 1 | Total time: 10 min
- 1⁄4 avocado, ripe
- 2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp mild taco-seasoning mix
- 1 flour tortilla
- 3 Tbsp of canned black beans, drained
- 3 Tbsp shredded lettuce
- 3 Tbsp shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Mix avocado, sour cream, and taco seasoning by hand or in a food processor.
- Spread tortilla with avocado mixture.
- Add beans, lettuce, cheese, and chicken.
- Roll up and slice in half.
- Pack with a drink and snack: We like Honest Splash’s low-sugar pink lemonade and Sabra’s homestyle salsa and chips single-serve pack. Target, $6 for 6; grocery stores, $3.
More Quick Lunch Ideas:
- Almonds & Apples: Take a break from pb&J and try Justin’s Almond Butter. Pack crackers and apple slices for DIY lunch fun. Grocery stores, $10 for 10.
- Avocado Sandwich: Mash a ripe avocado with lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Spread on two slices of bread. Top one slice with Monterey Jack cheese and tomato. Layer with second slice of bread.
- Turkey Wraps: Spread whole-wheat wraps with your favorite prepared pesto (we like Classico). Arrange thin slices of turkey, romaine lettuce, slices of tomato, and slices of cucumber on each wrap. Sprinkle with grated carrot. Roll up, cut in half, and serve with fresh fruit. Walmart, $4.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-10
Find Just-Right Books