Dinner with the Kids
Serves 4 | Total Time: 30 min
24 cherry tomatoes
12 pepperoni slices
12 Canadian bacon slices
12 pineapple chunks
12 black olives
12 fresh mini mozzarella balls
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for several hours.
2. Wrap each mozzarella ball in either pepperoni or Canadian bacon. (The meat keeps the melting cheese from getting all over the grill, so don’t skip this step.)
3. Arrange ingredients on skewers.
4. Place on grill over medium heat just until the cheese starts to melt and the tomatoes are warmed.
Done in 30
Busy weeknights and easy dinners make a perfect pair
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a skillet, brown ground beef. Drain fat. Add prepared taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Stir in cooked macaroni and spread in a 9" x 13" pan. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 30 minutes.
Breakfast for Dinner
Whip up boxed pancake batter and pour into greased muffin cups. Add Canadian bacon and cheese to some cups and berries and brown sugar to others. Bake at 350°F for 18 minutes. Serve with a fruit salad.
Place two pounds of frozen meatballs in a 9" x 13" pan. Pour on 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve on buns or over rice.
Teriyaki Chicken and Oven Rice
Serves 6 | Total time: 30 min
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 lbs chicken tenders
1. Mix together all ingredients except the chicken. Pour over the chicken and marinate overnight.
2. Once ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Drain chicken and discard marinade.
4. Place chicken on greased, foil-lined baking sheet or pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
Side Note: Serve with oven rice. Preheat oven to 350°F. In an oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on the stove. Add 1 cup long-grain rice and stir for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover. Place covered pan in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13