Lemony Green Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
You can make this ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Reheat just before dinner. Serves 4.
What you need:
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
What to do:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but not too soft. Drain but don't rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Pour over the beans and toss so that all the beans are coated. Taste and add extra salt if necessary.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books