- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Provolone cheese
- 6 no-boil lasagna sheets (about half a 9-oz box)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
1. Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 8" square glass baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, blend the corn, cream, and garlic until chunky. Add the mascarpone cheese, 1 cup of the romano cheese, the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the basil and pulse until just combined.
3. Spread one-third of the corn mixture on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with one-third of the provolone cheese. Place 2 lasagna sheets on top. Repeat this step twice with the remaining corn mixture, provolone cheese, and lasagna sheets. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup romano cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top of the lasagna is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
More of Giada's kid-friendly Italian dinners:
Reprinted from Weeknights with Giada by Giada De Laurentiis, copyright © 2012. Photos copyright © 2012 by Amy Neunsinger. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc.