Makes 8 servings
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, sliced
- ⅓ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ of a 16-oz prepared pound cake
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature (optional)
1. Combine sugar, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the bananas and cook, stirring, until the glaze thickens and coats them, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the pecans and cook, stirring, 1 minute, until the nuts are glazed and heated through. Remove from heat and cover the pan to keep warm.
3. Cut the pound cake into 8 slices; spread each lightly with butter and toast in the oven until lightly golden. Remove and top with the banana mixture.
Find more Thanksgiving and holiday dessert ideas:
Photo Credit: VeselovaElena/iStockphoto