Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup dried apricots (about 14), thinly sliced
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cups marshmallow crème (plus 2 Tbsp for garnish)
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 gingersnap cookies
1. Combine apricots, preserves, and water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave until preserves are melted, about 20 to 30 seconds. Set aside.
2. Beat marshmallow crème, cream cheese, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Place gingersnaps in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin or large bottle until the pieces are smaller than a green pea.
4. Place ⅓ cup of the cream-cheese mixture in each of six parfait glasses. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of the gingersnap crumbs, followed by about 2 tablespoons of the apricot mixture. Finish each with a teaspoon-size dollop of marshmallow crème sprinkled with gingersnap crumbs.
5. Refrigerate until serving. (May be made a day ahead.)
Find more Thanksgiving and holiday dessert ideas:
Photo Credit: TeresaKasprzycka/iStockphoto
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7