- 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 handful of mixed herbs, such as Italian parsley, chives, and chervil, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Halve the cherry tomatoes or cut into quarters and place in a bowl. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick omelet pan and add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and pan-fry over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes until the tomatoes are just soft but still retaining their shape.
2. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl in the meantime. Scatter the chopped herbs over the tomatoes, then pour in the beaten eggs. Quickly stir and shake the pan to distribute the eggs and ensure they cook evenly. When they are almost set, take the pan off the heat.
3. Fold the omelet, using a heatproof spatula to lift one edge and tipping the pan slightly to make it easier to fold over. Slide onto a plate and serve immediately.
Makes 1 omelet