Hawaii Vacation Sweepstakes - Enter for a Chance to Win Rules
Second Honeymoon – in Hawaii! – Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. To enter, visit the sweepstakes page of the Scholastic Parent & Child Web Site at http://www.scholastic.com/parents/sweepstakes (the "Site") and submit your entry online by filling out the entire form (enter your contact information). Entry for the Second Honeymoon – in Hawaii! - Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins November 1, 2011, Midnight EST and ends November 30, 2011, 11:59 p.m. EST. One entry per person, per household. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of the online entry form will be accepted. YOU MAY ONLY ENTER THIS CONTEST ONLINE. NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
2. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including D.C.), currently residing there, and who are currently over the age of at the time of entry. Employees, and members of their families, of Scholastic Inc. (“Scholastic”), 1-800-Registry, LLC, and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Winners. One winner (the “Winner”) will be selected at random by the editors of Scholastic’s Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine from among all eligible entries on or about December 8, 2011, and Scholastic’s decision on all matters relating to this Contest shall be final. Winner will be notified by phone or email on or about December 13, 2011. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize/Trip. Winner will receive a five (5) day / four (4) night (Winner leaves on 5th day) vacation for two (2) adults (Winner’s travel companion must be over the age of 18 at the time of the Trip (defined below)) to the Fairmont Orchid resort in Hawaii (the “Trip”). The Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare (up to a maximum of $2000 combined for all travelers) from the gateway city nearest to the Winner’s residence, within the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), 4-night lodging accommodations at the Fairmont Orchid for up to two (2), and complementary transportation to and from the airport in Hawaii. All other meals, airport transfers, flight changes, gratuities, incidentals and any other expenses not specified as part of the Trip herein are excluded. (Approximate retail value, depending on date and point of departure and return: $4000). Travel must be made through 1-800-Registry, LLC, on a carrier of 1-800-Registry, LLC’s choice, but any changes made after the initial booking shall be done by the Winner at his/her sole cost. If the airfare for the Winner (combined) exceeds $2000, Winner is solely responsible for paying the difference. Certain travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply (including but not limited to, a maximum of $2000 combined airfare for all travelers).
Trip must be completed by December 13, 2012. Travel restrictions, including, but not limited to, occupancy level and blackout dates of December 16, 2011 to January 5, 2012 apply. Bookings must be made at least thirty (30) days from requested travel dates. If Winner is unable to complete travel within time period specified, or Winner is unwilling to pay any difference between the maximum amount awarded for airfare and the actual cost of the airfare, Winner agrees to forfeit prize immediately so it can be reassigned. If Winner lives on the same Hawaiian island as the Fairmont Orchard resort, round-trip ground transportation for Winner and his/her traveling companion, selected by 1-800-Registry, may be substituted for round-trip airfare. Winner and his or her accompanying member will be required to provide valid government issued photographic ID and/or other required travel documents, such as a valid passport, at time of travel. Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except by 1-800-Registry, LLC in the event of prize unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
6. General. All entries will become the property of Scholastic and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate, that their entry does not violate any third party’s rights, and grant to Scholastic and 1-800-Registry, LLC the right to use the entries, the Winner’s and their traveling companion’s names, hometowns, biographical information provided and likeness for purposes of advertising and/or promotion in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation except where prohibited by law. The Winner and his/her traveling companion going on the Trip will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, 1-800-Registry, LLC, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and airline and travel companies and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing, involved in the Trip (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize (including any travel related hereto). By accepting the prize, Winner and his/her family member also agree to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, cancellation of trip due to weather, acts of war, or other unforeseen circumstances, or damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the Trip and/or Sweepstakes. Subject to all applicable laws.
5. Internet. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telecommunications malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the entrant, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
6. Winners List. The name of the Winner will be available after December 13, 2011. You may request this name by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope between December 13, 2011 and January 31, 2011 to: Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine, Second Honeymoon – in Hawaii! - Sweepstakes Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10012.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. For any questions or concerns regarding this Contest please contact email@example.com.