- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz can crushed tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 4 links Italian-style
- chicken sausage
- 8 assorted sweet mini peppers
- 4 hot dog buns
1. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high. Add onion; sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar to taste; set aside.
2. Preheat grill to medium high; lightly oil grate. Arrange sausages on grill; cook, turning occasionally, until done, about 12 minutes. Add peppers during the last 5 minutes. Grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots. Remove peppers to a cutting board and slice into rounds.
3. Tuck each sausage into a bun. Top with a spoonful of the prepared sauce and grilled peppers.
More grilling recipes:
Grilled Vegetable Salad
Steak with Wedge Fries
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13