- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz crusty bread
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 8-oz ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
1. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes per side. Slice into bite-size pieces.
2. Tear bread into chunks and pulse in a food processor to form coarse crumbs. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in the skillet over medium and add bread crumbs. Cook, stirring often, until crumbs are light golden brown and crisp. Stir in parsley, basil, and Parmesan; set aside.
3. Spread chicken in the bottom of an 8" square baking dish and top with marinara sauce (if doubling the recipe, use a 9" x 13" pan). Arrange mozzarella over top, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350˚F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bread crumbs are dark golden brown.
Wrap the unbaked casserole tightly in foil and freeze. To cook from frozen, cover with foil and bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for 20 more minutes.
4 MORE FREEZABLE FAMILY DINNERS
Photo Credit: Ryan Liebe