Serves 4 | Total time: 30 min
- 1½ lb flank steak
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
1. Marinate steak in vinegar, garlic, thyme, and pepper for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in peppers and cook for 4 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon salt. Save half for lunch; cover to keep the rest warm.
3. Heat the broiler; coat a broiler pan and rack with cooking spray. Transfer meat to the rack. Season both sides with ½ teaspoon salt; broil 4 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes. Cut into thin strips. Serve over the warm vegetables.
Next Day's Lunch: Steak Panini
- You’ll need: whole-wheat hot dog rolls, sliced provolone, steak, onion-pepper mixture
- Fill rolls with two slices of cheese, steak, and onion-pepper mixture. Heat in skillet and press top with another pan.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5