Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Pancakes With Raspberry Sauce
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar plus 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups fresh raspberries (or use frozen, thawed berries)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat yogurt, egg, and oil until creamy. Add to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick griddle on medium until very hot. Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping once, until done.
- To make the raspberry sauce, puree 3 cups of the raspberries with the 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. When smooth, strain through a fine-meshed sieve and discard solids. Stir in the remaining raspberries.
- Top pancakes with fruit and sauce and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Tip: Make these on the weekend and pop 'em in the toaster to reheat later!
Yogurt Parfait | Top yogurt with a Dole Fruit Crisp. Each cup has diced fruit plus a crunchy topping.
Morning Pizza | Top English muffins with tomato sauce, cheese, and cooked Applegate Sausage. Heat under the broiler.
Hot Cereal | Serve one of the new instant cereals from Earnest Eats. They include oats, quinoa, nuts, and dried fruit.
Monkey Smoothie | Blend 1 cup low-fat milk, 1/2 ripe banana, and 2 tablespoons peanut butter with 3 ice cubes.
Photo Credit: Tara Donne
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13
Find Just-Right Books