- 8 oz campanelle (bellflower) pasta
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced or chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Four minutes before end, add peas; when pasta is al dente, drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and onion, and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
3. Add pepper and broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is slightly tender, about 4 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until barely wilted, 3 minutes. Toss with pasta.
5. Add ¼ cup olive oil to the skillet and remove from heat. Whisk in lemon juice and zest; pour over the pasta, add basil, and stir. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan.
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7