Serves 4 | Total time: 20 min
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp drained capers (or minced green or black olives)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 14.75-oz can pink salmon
- ½ cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 potato sandwich rolls
1. Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl; add the red onion, lemon juice, capers, and mustard. Stir in the salmon, using a fork to break the fish into flakes. Stir in the bread crumbs. Form the mixture into four patties, each about ½" thick and 3 ½" in diameter.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden on the underside, about 4 minutes per side. Place on sandwich rolls and top with fixings as desired.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7