- 7 oz firm tofu
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small (6-oz) zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut across in ¼" slices
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 13.8-oz tube pizza dough
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, cut in thin slices
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine the tofu, oregano, thyme, and basil in a bowl. Use a fork to mash the tofu into small crumbles.
3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes, until the onion is softened. Add the tofu and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and tomato sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes, until the mixture has lost much of its moisture. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Cut the dough in quarters. Roll out each square to a 6" to 7" circle. Place one-fourth of the tomato mixture on half of each square, leaving a ½" border. Top with one-fourth of the mozzarella. Fold the dough over to enclose the filling and then pinch the edges together. Transfer to the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough.
5. Bake 11 to 13 minutes; the crust should be lightly browned and feel firm when tapped.
More DIY Recipes:
Pad Thai with Shrimp
Mu Shu Pork
Chicken Tikka Masala
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13