- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut in 1" pieces
- 2 tsp garam masala, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp finely minced gingerroot
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. Combine chicken with 1 tsp garam masala, ½ tsp of the salt, and the black pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Remove from the pan.
3. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, remaining 1 tsp garam masala, and remaining ¼ tsp salt to the pan, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cayenne (if desired) and cook, continuing to stir, for 2 minutes.
4. Mix in the half and half and bring to a simmer; add the chicken and simmer 1 minute. Swirl in the butter. Remove from heat, add cilantro.
More DIY Recipes:
Pad Thai with Shrimp
Quickie Tofu Calzones
Mu Shu Pork
Beef Enchilada Casserole