Crystallized Watermelon Slices
This frosty frozen fruit treat is a refreshing snack — and a super science experiment!
A light sprinkling of sugar makes these watermelon slices sparkle when they come out of the freezer!
What you need:
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
What to do:
- Slice the watermelon into thin slices. Cut into triangles.
- Ask your child to sprinkle sugar (lightly) on the "red part" of the slices.
- Have your child place the slices on a wax paper-lined tray or freezable plate.
- Place in the freezer for four hours.
- Remove and enjoy!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5