Serves 4 | Total time: 30 min
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 8 Tbsp plus 1 cup tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large baking pan and a 12-tin mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Place eggs in a large bowl and beat lightly. Stir in the mustard, ketchup, salt, and bread crumbs. Add the meat and combine. Divide in half.
3. Form one half into four mini-loaves and place on the baking pan. Spread 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce over each. (These will be dinner!)
4. Scoop the remaining mixture into the mini-muffin cups. Place both pans in the oven and bake 20 to 23 minutes, rotating once, until a meat thermometer reads at least 165°F.
5. Place the “meatballs” in a saucepan with 1 cup tomato sauce. Gently stir and cook 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Let cool. (Save for lunch!)
Next Day's Lunch: Meatball Subs
- You’ll need: meatballs in sauce, whole-wheat hot dog rolls, grated Parmesan
- Place 3 meatballs in each hot dog roll; top with 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan.