Price for 4: $10.56
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in ½" pieces
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook macaroni according to directions; drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add green pepper, onion, cumin, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add the corn, zucchini, tomatoes, and salt. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth, cover; cook until zucchini is tender, 5 minutes.
4. Stir in black beans and pasta. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in cheese and serve.
More Cheap Dinner Recipes
Salmon Burgers with Lemon Sauce
Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes
Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Shopping List: Hit the store once, eat all week!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13