Basic Muffin Recipe
Makes 12 Muffins | Total time: 30 min
2 large eggs
6 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
⅓ cup canola oil
½ cup skim milk
½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup sugar
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with oil or cooking spray.
2. Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl; stir in the yogurt, canola oil, milk, and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir well. Add the liquid ingredients, and stir until well combined.
4. Spoon into muffin cups.
5. Add your mix-ins to the individual cups. (Quantities listed below are for one muffin of that flavor. Simply increase the amounts accordingly for bigger batches.)
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For Banana Nut:
Add 2 tablespoons chopped banana and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans.
For Blueberry Lemon:
Add 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries and ½ teaspoon lemon zest.
Add 2 tablespoons grated zucchini, 1 tablespoon whole oats, and a drizzle of honey (you can sub carrots for the zucchini).
For Apple Cinnamon:
Add 2 tablespoons chopped apple, a pinch of cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon maple syrup.
For Orange Cranberry:
Add 2 tablespoons dried cranberries and ½ teaspoon orange zest.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books