6 Tips for Easy Dinner Prep
Maximize fun family time by minimizing, and sharing, kitchen tasks.
- Use from-the-pantry staples. They are delicious in the winter when the produce shelves aren't full of fresh veggies and legumes.
- Open the freezer. Frozen vegetables that taste the most like fresh include peas, spinach, edamame, corn, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Use a slow cooker — it allows for big batch cooking, and the meal cooks itself unattended for hours.
- Make double batches and freeze the leftovers for quick meals later.
- Involve the kids before the cooking even starts. They can clear counters, set out pots and pans, and retrieve spices from the cabinet.
- Buy pre-chopped veggies, like onions, celery, or carrots, to speed up the preparation a bit if your little guys want extra play time with you.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10