6 Reasons to Swap a Hotel Room for a Home
Check out of the typical hotel experience on your next vacation and check into a private home exchange or rental.
When you stay in a home on your next family trip, you'll:
- Save money. Hotel rooms, especially when food and service charges are added, can be very pricey. Choosing a home exchange/rental can save you more than $80 a room per day.
- Eat well. Instead of eating every meal out, you can cook fresh goods from local markets and grocery stores in your vacation home's kitchen.
- Rest easy. No more hotel rooms with fewer chairs than people. In a home, you can spread out, and many even have a backyard, patio, or pool.
- Make friends. Chat up a neighbor — it's a good way to make a pal in another city.
- Pack light. Exchange/rental homes have washing machines and driers so you don't have to pack enough (a ton, in a kid's case) to keep clean all week.
- Spare the environment. By staying in a home, you're using the same space and resources another family would already be using. Living like a local also helps preserve local culture.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books