- Fort Sumter Tours Hop on a guided ferry ride to explore the site where the first shots of the Civil War were fired.
- The Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon George Washington once schmoozed with the locals here! The dungeon used to hold captured pirates. These days it’s a neat museum.
- Palmetto Carriage Tours A narrated horse-drawn carriage ride is a must. This is the oldest carriage tour group in town.
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens Skip the house tour and head straight for the gardens to wander pathways through mystical forests, over footbridges, and along marshes. Feed the fawns in the petting zoo!
- Waterfront Park Right in town; offers a magnificent fountain to play in, bench swings, and a pier from which you can watch dolphins frolic.
- South Carolina Aquarium A beautifully designed experience. Love the albino alligator exhibit and the Sea Turtle Rescue Center tour!
- Dixie Supply Bakery & Café Classic southern breakfast dishes (shrimp and grits, sweet potato bread, and tomato pie) at unbeatable prices.
- Bakehouse Charleston Fantastic cookies. Try the chocolate clouds!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5