- When you arrive at the shore, check the beach signs or talk to the lifeguard to make sure it's safe to go in the water.
- If your child wants to swim any distance, he should stay parallel to the shore to avoid going out too far.
- Before you let her dive underwater, be sure the bottom is sandy and clear of rocks.
- Don't expect the lifeguard to babysit. Lifeguards are trained to handle any dangerous situations, but you should always supervise your child in the water.
- If it looks like a storm's approaching, be sure to get your child out of the ocean (and off the beach) immediately.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books