Serves 4 | Total Time: 30 min
- 5 Tbsp lime juice, divided
- 11⁄2 tsp lime zest (you’ll need about 3 limes)
- 5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 11⁄2 tsp salt, divided
- 11⁄4 lb flank steak (about 11⁄2" to 2" thick)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends removed
- 1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
1. Preheat grill to medium. Zest and juice the limes.
2. Make the marinade: In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons lime juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Marinate the steak for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toss the beans with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Place on grill rack (or in a grill basket) and grill for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from heat. Turn grill to medium-high.
4. Grill steak for 6 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Remove from grill and keep warm.
5. In a small saucepan on medium heat, cook the lime zest, the fish sauce, 2 tablespoons water, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. When the mixture simmers, add the rest of the lime juice and remove from heat.
6. Slice the steak. Top with sauce and scallions.
Leftover idea: Steak Salad. Combine romaine lettuce; a diced cheese stick; left-over thai grilled flank steak from dinner, cut in small strips; diced tomato; and diced cucumber. toss with low-fat ranch dressing.
More 30-Minute Dinner ideas:
- Cheesy Turkey Burgers: Combine 1 pound ground turkey with 1⁄2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Form into 4 burgers. grill or broil until done. Serve with chopped veggies and ranch dip.
- Sloppy Joes: Eat this messy meal out on the picnic table! Pick up some rolls, ground beef, and a jar of Stonewall Kitchen’s Sloppy Joe Sauce. Follow the directions on the jar, and that’s it! Grocery stores, $9.
- Simple Sauté: We love Ina Garten’s new, delicious frozen 10-minute skillet meals. they come in a few varieties, and our favorite is the Sesame Chicken & Noodles. We won’t tell the kids it’s not homemade! Grocery stores, $9.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5