100 Greatest Books for Kids Sweepstakes: Official Rules
100 Greatest Books for Kids Countdown Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes’)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
1. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. To enter, visit the ”100 Greatest Books for Kids” bookshelf on the Scholastic Web Site at http://www.Scholastic.com/100books (the "Site") and submit your entry online by filling out the entire form (answer the trivia question and enter your contact information in full). You can enter one a week in the First Round, once a day in the Second Round and then once in the Final Round (as defined below). Subject to the above sentence, one entry per person, per household. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of the online entry form will be accepted. YOU MAY ONLY ENTER THIS CONTEST ONLINE. NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
Entry information includes:
- Responding to trivia question (note you do not need to answer the trivia question correctly to enter)
- Filling in data entry forms for name; address; city; state; zip code; and email address
First Round: The entry periods for the First Round shall be weekly running from Tuesday at the time when the trivia question is posted to the following Monday at 11:59 p.m. EST. The First Round starts on Tuesday, December 13 and runs for nine (9) consecutive weeks. For the avoidance of doubt, there are nine (9) separate mini-sweepstakes in the First Round.
Second Round: The daily mini-sweepstakes in the Second Round shall run for nine (9) days starting at February 7, 2012 and ending on February 15, 2012. The entry period for each of the Second Round mini-sweepstakes will begin when a question is posted to 11:59 p.m. EST each day.
Final Round: The Final Round mini-sweepstakes shall occur on February 16, 2012 starting when a question is posted to 11:59 p.m. EST.
2. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including D.C.), currently residing there, and who are currently over the age of eighteen (18) at the time of entry. Employees, and members of their families, of Scholastic Inc. (“Scholastic”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
First Round: For each mini-sweepstakes in the First Round, five (5) winners (the “First Round Winners”) will be selected each week. First Round Winners will be chosen approximately two days after each deadline and notified approximately three days after being chosen.
Second Round: Five (5) second round winners (“Second Round Winners”) will be chosen per day during the Second Round. These Second Round Winners will be notified on or about February 24, 2012.
Final Round: Ten (10) final round winners (“Final Round Winners,” collectively with the First and Second Round Winners, the “Winners”) will be selected on the last day of the countdown, on February 17, 2012. The Final Round Winners will be notified on or about February 24, 2012.
All Winners will be selected at random by the editors of Scholastic’s Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine from among all eligible entries and Scholastic’s decision on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be final. All Winners will be notified by email. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Prizes. First Round Winners will receive one (1) of five (5) copies of a Book (as defined below) each week. A Book will be a board book, picture book, chapter book, or novel chosen by the editors of Scholastic's Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine; Approximate retail value: $10 - $30
Second Round Winners will receive one (1) of five (5) copies of a Book each day.
Final Round Winners will receive one (1) of (10) copies of a Book.
5. General. All entries will become the property of Scholastic and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate, and grant to Scholastic the right to use the entries, the Winners’ names, hometowns, biographical information provided and likeness for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and/or promotion, in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing, involved in the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. By accepting a prize, the Winners also agree to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever. Subject to all applicable laws.
6. Internet. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telecommunications malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the entrant, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
7. Winners List. The names of the Winners will be available after February 23, 2012. You may request the list of Winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope between February 23, 2012 and April 30, 2012 to: Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine, 100 Greatest Books for Kids Sweepstakes Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10012.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. For any questions or concerns regarding this Contest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.