Wet and Wonderful Chalk Art
What you need:
- tempera paint powder
- drawing paper
- poster board
- basin with water (or a rainy day)
What to do:
1. Provide your child with chalk, drawing paper, and a basin of water. Ask him to dip the chalk in the water and then draw with it. Ask him to describe how his drawing looks. How would it be different with dry chalk?
2. Now, give him the tempura powder to make a picture, and discuss how it was different than using the wet chalk.
2. Let him dunk a sponge into the basin of water. Then he can squeeze the sponge over the powder drawing. What happens when the water dribbles on the tempera powder?
3. On a drizzly day, he can paint with the rain. Offer him powdered tempera paint and a piece of poster board. Lay the poster board flat on an old sheet or newspapers. Invite him to sprinkle the tempera powder on the poster board in patterns and put his creation outside.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5